Old 09-12-13, 10:42 AM
supremekizzle

Bikes: 2012 Diamondback Trace Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
Let me preface this. I don't ride motorcycles. I've ridden them but not on a regular basis. However, I do have lots and lots of experience with riding bicycles at all kinds of speeds. I'm also good at observing and I have watched motorcycles riding at low speed. Almost all of them saw the front wheel back and forth in an exaggerated manner when they are riding at slow speeds and trying to make a turn. Let's also not forget that a "slow" speed on a motorcycle is a good brisk speed on a bicycle.

Now if supremekizzle is trying to steer like he does on a motorcycle, he is exaggerating the countersteer movement and this will result in a lag in the steering. He only needs to move the bars a tiny bit in the opposite direction of the corner but he is probably moving the front wheel several inches away from the corner and then making the turn so, of course, the steering will seem slow.

Countersteering on a bicycle is so tiny and subtle that most of us don't even notice it which is why many people don't know what countersteer is.
I'm sorry, but you won't see exaggerated steering on a motorcycle at 25 mph. Or you would have seen them crash. Coincidentally, this is the same speed I was riding my bike at. No exaggerated turning there either.