Old 10-21-13, 11:50 AM
Pars 

Bikes: '73 Raleigh RRA, 1986 Trek 500 commuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by AlanC8
Thanks again for all the info - some of that stuff above I have not been able to find through other channels and I will keep it for reference.
Incidentally, my retro project is a Peugeot CFX-10 frame (frame only model of Peugeots PX-10) built in 1980 - all the advice is against going with a french bike as your first project, but I'm not good at taking (some) advice. I'm enjoying the mental challenge presented by french standards (derailleur hanger, stem/headset, the BB shell (is it french threaded or swiss threaded?), turns out it is french threaded (hurrah) but someone before me machined a bevelled edge to take an old threadless which messed of the first few threads on either side. I'm shortly moving onto the physical challenges of building (cannot start until after Christmas as the frame is a Christmas present from my wife - she thinks a project will slow me down with buying more bikes)
Alan
^ He stated that it was chamfered which took out the first few threads. It is French threaded. I guess i don't know if there is enough area to depend upon the remaining threading it it were cleaned up.

Not sure if the chamfering was the result of frustration at finding a suitable French BB, or the threading actually got damaged prior.