View Single Post
Old 10-29-13, 07:00 PM
woodybr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by kirby999
Easiest way of course , is to buy a cruiser with a three speed hub . Next would be to by a wheel with a three speed hub already laced up .then just swap out tire and tube , attach shifter, adjust and go.
If your budget is around $250 and the Sun cruiser is sold for that price , I would google Sun bicycles and find a dealer in your area that sells them .
Bikes Direct sells the Mango cruiser in a 3 speed for $299 shipped to your door . Aluminum frame , Cromoly forks . Looks like decent bike to me ?
I bought a Motobecane HT 400 MTB from them and like it . Haven't had a problem with it . I've got it set up with street tires and riser handlebars . Kirby
Thank you kirby. You gave me all the info I needed. I really appreciate it.

After one year, how easily do you think I could sell it? I would really like to purchase my own brand new cruiser, but I completely forgot I won't be able to bring it back to Brazil (on a plane) without having to pay almost the price of a new one.

Edit: that Mango 3 speed black+red looks really appealing to me. If only I could bring it back with me without leaving a kidney there...

Last edited by woodybr; 10-29-13 at 07:11 PM.