Old 11-04-13, 12:33 AM
Roody
Sophomoric Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by treal512
It's simple, IMO. People grow up thinking cars are the best and superior way to get around. It's nothing new. You all know this. It's the scenario anywhere you look. In the San Antonio / San Marcos / Austin area though, I think the large gaps in between all the towns and the humid subtropical climate contribute a lot to the dependency on cars. Luckily, there has been a recent proposal to build a rail system connecting San Antonio to Austin. That would be nice!

A billion other people share my stance on cars? You sir, are completely wrong. For starters, you don't know very much about me. I haven't owned a car for 3 years now.

As for the topic of the forum, too bad, Roody. Not everyone who comes into this particular sub-forum is entirely convinced of your stance on vehicles. So why don't you convince me instead of wasting your time by barking up a tree?
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to insult you.

You had said that for long trips people should drive cars. That's probably good advice for people who have cars and want to use them, but amusing when told to people who don't own cars. The point of the forum, if you read the blurb, is to talk about using bikes and public transportation instead of cars.

My son lived in San Antonio for about a year. He said the bus service was horrible, and he found it faster and easier to ride his walmart bike even for long distances.

"Think Outside the Cage"