Old 01-03-14, 05:07 PM
Brian Ratliff

Bikes: Three road bikes. Two track bikes.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
One thing to think about... putting the kilo prior to the team sprint will pretty much ensure neither one of these will attract full participation. If a team sprint team is thinking about going for a win, I'd put money that they won't have every member of the team do a kilo half an hour prior. The other way works though. A team sprint would make a good opener for a kilo effort.

I imagine this kind of thing works well for enduros as well (team event prior to individual), but I dunno. Also keep in mind that a lot of enduro guys will want to ride the kilo as well, and a lot of individual sprinters show up to a team sprint event looking to find a team to ride with.

If I were organizing, I'd think about putting the team stuff in the morning and the individual stuff in the afternoon. Racers will move heaven and earth to race what they want to race, but ask a sprinter to ride third wheel of an Olympic sprint while he's laying on his back after puking in the gutter and he'll tell you to go stuff it.
"If you’re new enough [to racing] that you would ask such question, then i would hazard a guess that if you just made up a workout that sounded hard to do, and did it, you’d probably get faster." --the tiniest sprinter