Old 04-13-14, 12:14 PM
Geargirly

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks guys,

I prefer the look of the Specialized also, so I'm favoring that one simply based on that, considering they are so close in terms of features. I care about what the bike looks like more than I probably should!

Oddly enough, the Diamondback DOES have a lockout, even though they don't mention it. Performance Bike has a "performance exclusive" version of the bike, which is exactly the same, but is just painted differently. They seem to be the exact same bikes but the performance SAYS it has lockout even though the non-performance version actually does also, and it is being called a flat-bar road bike instead of a hybrid. The other super confusing thing is that in reality, the performance exclusive version of the calico sport isn't purple. It's teal (the stripe).

Calico Sport vs Calico Sport Performance Exclusive: Performance Bike - bikes, bike accessories, bike gear, cycling equipment, cycling apparel, and more

Anyways, moral of the story is the Diamondback Sport DOES have a lockout.

So, in the end I believe the Diamondback has slightly better components if I'm not mistaken and is cheaper (more travel on the suspension and apparently better derailleurs according to my husband). But I love the look of the Specialized and am letting that sway my decision towards the Specialized for purely aesthetic reasons (and also hearing that a few of you are very happy with your Specialized bikes.)

Hopefully the derailleurs on the Specialized end up being ok since I think I'm going to purchase that bike.