View Single Post
Old 05-22-14, 07:34 AM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 181 Times in 103 Posts
Kermis is a great race, a 180 which really dictates tactics, wide open roads that allow massive efforts if so desired (like chasing a break for example). Last year the 3 (or 3-4?) race ended with a break off the front, I'd say a good 10 guys in the field had teammates up the road so they (including me) didn't chase.

Limerock is interesting. It's reverse the regular direction, so counterclockwise, and what is normally the final downhill isn't very tough, probably easier than Bethel but about the same steepness. I did it in the rain last year, unfit, and I didn't realize but a couple links on my chain were twisted.

White Plains is an A race for me as an event services provider. All my spare time is going towards preparing for it, logistically anyway. Last weekend, both days, the last few Tue/Thu (daycare days), etc. I've already decided not to race so that makes it easier on me.

I heard that Danbury Audi is paying for the Danbury Crit costs. If that's true (no idea if it is) then it would make it much more likely to happen.

I have to go do stuff now.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson