Old 10-15-14, 07:18 AM
Skankingbiker

Bikes: AllCity Nature Boy, On-one Pompino) , Fuji Roubaix road bike, Niner EMD, Voodoo Hoodoo MTB, Surly Pugsley/Krampug, Performer Midracer Custom

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Hey Andrew! Congrats on your top finish. Yes, I am planning sun prairie this weekend. I am still debating between the pompino geared at 40x19 and the MTB. I don't know which is more of a disadvantage---no gears on a proper cx bike, or gears but a heavy frame (that cant be shouldered) and fat tires (2.1).

I feel like a *should* race the MTB, but want to race the Pompino. It looks like a difficult course for ss in that there are flat paved, rolling grass, and a few very steep hills (though not nearly as long as Badger Prairie). [I couldn't make it up that back end hill at Badger Prairie on a good day, but by the third lap, I had no gas for the first singletrack uphill after the road crossing]

I will try fooling around with the pressures this week. at 45 psi..it felt like I was sinking in the ground...but at 215 lbs on tires rated at 50 psi, I am a little reluctant to go lower.

That's for the advice and encouragements