Hida Yanra
VeloSIRraptor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Quinn8it
Tsunami looks cool!

i wonder if they could fix my busted Tiemeyer? Or just make me a clone?
I know a variety of roadies who have had him (them really, father/son team) make bikes... prob 6 people I've talked to who have them, and they are all entirely content.
I know Joe has made track frames, but I don't know any of the folks that have used them. There was one at Marymoor the first couple years I was there, but I don't recall who was on it, and then I saw it on the 2ndhand market a few years later - so that'll be tough to track down.

Given how flexible and happy to work w/ you Joe is (I've had a variety of long conversations with him, without any money changing hands - just talking about hopes/thoughts on bike geo and philosophy... I think it wouldn't be a problem at all. He can super-over-build anything, that's not hard, if you have geo you like, that's taken care of, and there'd be no problem with you selecting which-ever dropouts you want to use - anything that other custom builders use he could get....

dunno - I don't think that custom bikes really have all that much magic to them - for track bikes mostly it is handling (geo)/stiffness (tube selection)/dropouts (standard catalog items).... if you already have the design bits nailed down and it sounds like you do, one high-level welder is about the same as the next.

Alum is almost impossible to "fix" - I know he has taken off the chainstays on a bike he made and put new ones one to shorten it up a bit - but replacing tubes in such a way that they are straight and square is challenging enough that it is a tall task.

When the "free bike" part of my life ends, I'm 95% likely to give Joe a call and have him fab me a bike or two.

ahem, @carpediemracing,