Old 02-27-15, 05:33 AM
Winfried

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 576 Post(s)
Liked 119 Times in 100 Posts
Originally Posted by 1nterceptor
And yeah; you can pass roadies on a Brompton up steep hills:
You can even take advantage of the attachement system in the front to carry a battery, electrify the Brompton, and enjoy the Brompton even more…

Originally Posted by Ride-Fly
Ok folks, time for an update. I've decided to get a Brompton....and so will my wife. I sold her on the idea of weekend "city touring" places like Chicago, SF, Boston, and of course NYC.
Good idea. I often travel by combining a folding bike and public transportation. It's a great way to travel and visit cities.

Originally Posted by Ride-Fly
When we move back to the U.S., we will take the Brompton on flights as carry-on luggage and take only a small backpack with a change of clothes and essentials.
Watch out: Most airlines don't allow bringing a bag the size of the Brompton as carry-on luggage.

An easy and cheap way to fly with the Brompton is to simply ask a Brompton store to give you a couple of the boxes the Bromptons are originally shipped with instead of discarting them. Then, before flying back, either keep the boxes at the hotel, or go to a hardware store and shrink standard carton boxes down to the size of a Brompton.