Old 04-05-15, 07:25 PM
smasha
Vegan on a bicycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by KonAaron Snake
Again, I don't know how things are where you live, but near me (Philadelphia) most thefts are break in related. .... Bike theft prevention where I live means home protection.
similar here, too... usually. most stolen bikes are lost from homes, apartments, garages, and the backs of cars, where they aren't locked up.

this means locking up the bike at home, too. if you don't have a solid "anchor" to lock to at home, use a "mini" U-lock (eg, a kryptonite evo-mini, or NYFU) that goes around the seat-stays and rear-wheel. the lock can't be removed with leverage alone, the bike can't be ridden with the lock in place, and cutting off the rear wheel would still leave the bike un-rideable. most bad guys who don't specialize in bikes won't bother with it - it's too much trouble for a typical B&E/crack-head/burglar to bother with. they'll just grab the x-box, the games, and the flat-panel tv, which can be sold without a problem before they need their next fix. anything that can't be spent, used, or sold within 30 minutes isn't worth the trouble for them.