Old 05-28-15, 10:47 PM
3alarmer

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 305 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26477 Post(s)
Liked 10,441 Times in 7,244 Posts
Originally Posted by Ramona_W
Also, it was a sunny clear day, there was a green bike box, and four way traffic signals- so what could have gone wrong?
...the description is one of the classic "left hook, I just didn't see him" sorts of collisions. I've had one or two close ones that way in the last few years, and the chief exec of the local bicycle advocacy group ( who used to irritate the hell out of me with her refusal to blow stop signs when obviously clear) ended up with multiple surgeries and a permanent limp from a similar hit. They just turn left in front of you like you're not there, because in their sphere of awareness you aren't.

They did some of that green boxing lanes and crap here near the college after two people got croaked in the same month at the same intersection, but they are useless.

Always full of debris and crap and now, when I take the lane, I get blowback 'cause "you're supposed to be in the bike lane". Never mind that it puts me on the wrong side of two lanes turning right.

The only thing I know for sure is that a whole lot more people are gonna get squashed before someone stands up and says the bike lanes here are a bad joke.

....whew, that feels good to let out.