View Single Post
Old 08-28-15, 09:59 AM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5910 Post(s)
Liked 2,779 Times in 1,551 Posts
Start with a small claims lawsuit asking for the max or high dollars for the injury. Immediately see the police, and have a photo of the bite recorded in theit files, or signed and dated as evidence.

The suit isn't about getting money, even though you;re entitled so something for the headache, it's about serving notice that you're serious and will pursue this to the end. Plus, if there are local ordinances, the judge may order him to keep it chained, under penalty of contempt of court.

I'm not a fan of what ifs, as in what if my daughter was there, because what didn't happen didn't happen. But the bite did happen, and in many places this dog would be ordered destroyed if there's a second bite, so the owner needs to take this seriously. Plus after the first bite is properly recorded, it would make it easier to prove owner negligence in the event of a second.

One other benefit of filing the lawsuit, is that he'll probably need to notify his homeowners insurance companym at which they'll put restrictions on him and the dog, or insist on excluding dog bites from his policy.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.