Old 09-01-15, 06:38 PM
salek

Bikes: 1984 Takara 490 Challenge

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
With both of our children, each was in the Winchester until big enough to ride a trailerbike. The firstborn then became a stoker helping to pull the secondborn.
The Winchester was VERY lit up both forward and backward. It had a vertical bike flag as expected. What was not expected was a horizontal bike flag four feet to the port side tipped with a modified orange bike flag. This was the usual orange bike flag with reflective tape ironed on. Thus, day or night, it would "wave / reflect / show". This horizontal flagpole was tipped with a copper colored spike. To the cars, it would appear that I had a device capable of scratching their paint if they got to close. Yes, I got the idea from Ben Hur. It worked. I normally got a wide berth from autos thus protecting each child.
With each kid in college, I still use the horizontal flag when commuting during rush hour. Three feet this time. Only once have I had a person actually take a scratch from my horizontal pole. And, that pole was topped with a metal tip. He did not bother to stop and ***** about the scratch.
Pole, horizontal, port, reflective