Old 09-04-15, 08:39 AM
PaintItCeleste

Bikes: My wife says "Too Many"

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by chapel
I do really like teal on a bike for some reason.

Also, I'm aware of the TCO thing, but this bike seems excessive. Almost like a racing bike. In the end, I would like a longer wheelbase, especially on the rear.
If its touring you seek, I would suggest, just based on my recent experiences, you're on the right track with the Japanese bikes but you should get a different frame. I'm not sure if it's been a fortuitous couple of experiences, or if it's truly the case that many Japanese bikes (not all) seem to sell for much less in general not having the Columbus/Reynolds stickers on them. I picked up a Miyata Two Ten for my wife that was in EXCELLENT condition, for $100. I later picked up a Miyata-made Univega Gran Tourismo in fair condition, for the same price. Both frames may be low-end, but they are touring frames and thusly, are designed to ride a certain way and accommodate all the accoutrements of the commuter/tourer. I will say, with the cheapo Wellgo MTB plastic toe clips on the Miyata Two Ten, my wife does see a bit of toe overlap. But as per the article above, that's not really a bad thing, and she hasn't found it to be an issue.

Either way though, your Centurion has come a ways since the beginning of this thread. I've enjoyed seeing the many changes you have made! And I too am a sucker for teal!