View Single Post
Old 09-21-15, 06:44 PM
RJM
I'm doing it wrong.

Bikes: Rivendell Appaloosa, Rivendell Frank Jones Sr., Trek Fuel EX9, Kona Jake the Snake CR, Niner Sir9

Liked 2,813 Times in 1,664 Posts
Every time I ride mountain bike trails I drive there with the bike on the back of the car. Just the way it is.

If I'm doing a solo ride, I leave from the house and do one of the great routes I have out in the country roads about a hundred yards from my front door. I've only driven to a few routes where I rode it solo, and that was when I was really checking out specific routes that someone told me about and the starts were all over twenty miles away with ridiculous roads to get there...so, I just couldn't ride over there. I would have no problem driving to a cool new route now, but I just don't know about any new ones.

Charity rides all require me driving to the start.

If I'm riding with the group, Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday I would have to drive to the start. Tuesday leaves close enough that I can ride from the house...the start is only about 5 miles away. Thursday, what I usually do is take the bike to work and just ride from the office. That start is only blocks away from where I work and I generally have enough time to get a decent pre-ride in before the start time.