bikiola
royal dutch of dukes

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mumonkan
i read it on MTBR in the ECR thread:

LHT is no dainty little race bike, that thing is a tank too and you can fit some good size tires on it. ive done a couple winters on 28c slicks and i lived, see how big of a tire you can fit on the LHT, get some studded tires that size and youre golden.

the ogre is also a great machine, one of my work buddies has rocked one for a few years now and has done the GDMBR twice on it as well as year round commuting. its pretty much the same bike just with regular size mtb tires and some subtle geometry differences

all that being said, i wouldnt hesitate to get the any of these 3 bikes for fun or for winter commuting in the city
LOVE my LHT - but I want something builkier and beefier - not sure about the Ogre or ECR or some other bike. But I don't do a ton of mountain biking, so I dont need hardcore - I do more touring than anything.

Incidentally @Mumonkan, are the cops in SI as anti-biker as the ones in BK or MH? They just hate us so much, ticket us, wonder if they leave u alone over on the Island