Old 01-05-16, 11:51 PM
Lamp-Shade
Bulimic Arsonist.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Monkey D.Luffy
Since all the main characters are here, I have always wondered: I assume most people can tell aesthetically what bike is good looking and which look ugly/ not as "clean". One friend told me " wow, that bike looks clean" when comparing an obviously better set up bike/ more expensive compared to a standard setup. etc. If you spend $10,000 on a bike, how likely would it be for it to be ugly compared to a cheaper bike? It probably has good looking carbon wheels and matching bottle cages + good looking stem+handlebar setup and agreeable color matching throughout. I feel like anyone with a decent eye for looks and design can not **** up a bike when they spend so much on a bike. So how much of the "hotrnot" is just on how expensive the bike is?
Some bikes say, "I am a sexy, sexy terminator. So sent from the future to make you cry like little boy," and they say this very, very well.
Some bikes say, "I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you." Low and behold, some say this very well.
Some bikes say, "I do what I want, Maury. I don't give a **** what my momma says because she a dumb broke ***** who can't get no man anyways. All the boys at school know where to come when they want what I got and I got all of it," and they say this very well.

Other bikes say stuff like "I am from the future, Maury. To steal my daughter, who got all of it. Is there any way I can carry more water?" and it doesn't make any sense.
So I suppose, in a way, hotness is not a particular message or aesthetic, but a message - any message - that is complete and aesthetically coherent. While there's always a cash money component, buyer choice has a lot to do with this.

Last edited by Lamp-Shade; 01-05-16 at 11:55 PM.