Old 02-01-16, 02:58 PM
bleumeon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GravelMN
If you are mechanically inclined and have basic skills and tools for minimal assembly and bike maintenance (adjusting brakes and derailleurs, checking wheels for true and installing, etc.) then look at the Motobecane Gran Premio Comp, Pro or Elite from Bikes Direct, $799 - $895 delivered to your door. They come 90% assembled but you have to install the handlebars, front wheel and pedals and make all the initial adjustments. The wheels are mediocre and I wasn't fond of the stock seat. I've got a few years older model of the Gran Premio and it's a fine bike I plan to ride for a long time. I do mainly mid and long distance recreational rides, non-competitive group rides, and charity events of 20 to 100+ miles (about 3,000 miles annually). The Gran Premio is reliable and comfortable. It'll never be a racer but it's no slug either. It's got 105 brifters, derailleurs, and cassette with an FSA crankset and Tektro brakes both of which are good quality.

Save Up To 60% Off Pro Level Steel Road Bikes | Commuting | Commuter Bikes | Motobecane Gran Premio PRO
http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...ite-blk-21.jpg
The motobecane bikes look pretty interesting and have solid reviews overall. I can adjust the rear and front derailleurs myself and don't mind doing the tweaking on my own.