Old 02-01-16, 07:02 PM
Double0757

Bikes: 1984 Cannodale full touring bike, Giant full carbon dura ace, Belinsky frame Tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by cali_axela
Lynskey makes a very nice carbon, disc brake, quick release fork with fender eyelets. Fairly reasonably priced for the quality and relatively specific features, too. I have one and love it: https://lynskeyperformance.com/lynskey-endurance-disc/
Thanks! Beautiful Fork! That's about what the Easton fork went for. I didn't see any Quick release fork options with eyelets for fenders in the Litespeed site. Any way, I was thinking on a stainless steel bolt soldered to a small flat piece of thin & light stainless steel plate, paint it black, then marine epoxy to the flat front part of the fork, fillet the borders with marine epoxy and paint black again. Marine epoxy has a little give and don't crack with flexing. I'm hoping it will hold up to the rigors of commuting and gravel trail ridding. It's only going to hold a dynamo light and fender, so not much weight on the plate.

For the bottom, I was thinking on the same bolt (smaller) soldered to a small plate, but instead of epoxy, use zip ties around the fork to secure it, less permanent and easy to service.

It's worth the try, rather than buying a new fork. If it doest work then I'll consider a new fork.

Thanks! Double O