View Single Post
Old 04-30-16, 09:36 AM
twodownzero

Bikes: Surly Disc Trucker, Ribble Nero Corsa, Surly Karate Monkey, Surly Ice Cream Truck, Cannondale MT800, Evil Insurgent

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If your cycling inseam really is only 30 inches, you are probably going to need a smaller frame with a longer stem just so you can stand over it without racking your junk on the top tube. I'm 5'5" tall and I ride a 50 cm; even though I am 7" shorter than you, I have a 28" or so cycling inseam. I would be surprised if you can stand over a bike that is bigger than a 54 cm, unless you've mis-measured yourself.

Fortunately you should have no problem finding a used 54 cm bicycle and installing a longer stem to get the proper reach. Or you could view it as a bonus if you're not too crowded in the cockpit that you'll be a little more upright with your shorter legs/longer torso and wait until you're a little more flexible to push your handlebar away from you with a longer stem.

Given that your size is going to be close to what many bicycle manufacturers call "medium," you should have no problem finding a used road bike.