View Single Post
Old 05-14-16, 07:59 PM
D1andonlyDman

Bikes: mid 1980s De Rosa SL, 1985 Tommasini Super Prestige all Campy SR, 1992 Paramount PDG Series 7, 1997 Lemond Zurich, 1998 Trek Y-foil, 2006 Schwinn Super Sport GS, 2006 Specialized Hardrock Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Enzo954
Few questions from a newbie:

I plan on getting my first bike in over a decade. I went to 2 bike stores and I'm torn on what size Sirrus to get. I'm 5'9" and my inseam is about 30" from the floor to the crown jewels (I hope that's the correct way to measure my inseam!).

One guy told me to go with a large Sirrus and the other shop told me that medium would suit me better. I'm kind of on the cusp of both size bikes. They both felt fairly comfortable to me with maybe the medium getting the slight advantage. When I straddle the bike standing should the frame be touching my nether region or should there be some clearance? The medium gave me about an inch of clearance while standing. Any opinions on which size a person of my stature should get? I realize it's subjective but are there any pros or cons?

Also, when do the 2017 models get released? I'm looking to purchase a carbon model but figured that I might as well wait to check out the new models if they are around the corner.
You're a medium