Old 05-17-16, 10:59 PM
filkry

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Advice on a rack or new backback for road bike

Hello, first time poster here.

I've been biking to and from work for almost two years now. I started on a used beach cruiser, then when that literally split apart I bought a terrible commuter bike from Walmart that did a number on my back. I moved, so that my commute is now 7 miles instead of 3, I ended up buying a road bike because I was curious about the experience.

I really like the different riding style, but I am starting to get tired of having a sweaty back from my backpack when I get to work (especially now that summer is getting into swing).

My frame is a Bianchi aluminum alloy (I'm sure its their cheapest frame) that doesn't have anchor points for a bolt-on rack. I want to be able to carry about 15 lbs. However, this includes my jacket and lunch for the day, which while light can take up a lot of space. For that reason, I'm nervous about getting a seat-mounted rack.

I'm also open to a backpack if someone can recommend one that will breathe *really* well, but I do like the free feeling of having nothing on my back.

Kind of looking at the Arkel Randonneur seat post rack (http://www.arkel-od.com/en/arkel-randonneur-rack.html)...

Anyone have suggestions for how I can solve my sweaty back problem?

Last edited by filkry; 05-17-16 at 11:10 PM.