View Single Post
Old 05-23-16, 01:32 PM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked 1,314 Times in 707 Posts
Well, reviewing my posts I can admit they were a bit perhaps strident. I should say I am speaking mainly from/for myself.

But, just from a discussion POV, does anyone really need to know where someone else is every moment of the day? How did we get to this place.

This is really the first point in the entire history of human kind that such a thing was possible and very quickly it is becoming perceived, not just a luxury or curiosity but some form of necessity. Did all of mankind in all of the past not respect each other when they walked out the door each morning? I respect my wife and she respects me and one way we show that respect is by allowing each some freedom to act independently without an electronic "check up on where you are" device. If I made my wife call me five times a day to tell me where she was on her holiday I would be labeled a controlling spouse - yet feeling obligated to wear a passive device that basically does the same thing is seen as respectful?

The jealous spouse follows the other around town because they feel a real need to know where they are, although others would say it is insecurity and fear at play. What "need" therefore, is being fulfilled for a spouse or other party to know where the other is every moment of the day when they are on vacation?

It seems to be no big deal because it is passive and one does not have to intentionally phone in a location constantly but the ease of implementation should not diminish the underlying premise. If anything, it should be alarming how easily one allows themselves to have their sense of autonomy be co oped in the name of safety and security.

I just want to say again I am voicing my idea about this as it seems in my mind. I really don't care what others do and don't want to sound like I'm judging someone else for their choice. The subject interests me so I am commenting, that's all.

Last edited by Happy Feet; 05-23-16 at 06:50 PM.