Old 05-23-16, 05:00 PM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 656 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,049 Times in 1,884 Posts
Originally Posted by MichaelHell
Hello everyone,
new to this forum and new to bikes as well, so a total rookie that has tried to do some research on my purchase, so any info i can get on my bike would be appreciated.

I bought this Nishiki Ironman of the swedish Craigs list (Blocket) for roughly 80€. the rear wheel is dented and needs to be replaced but it is still rideable. everything else is in good condition and works fine.

I´ve tried to find some info on this specific bike, but i have come up with nothing. the serial number is EH 404941.

So some info on it.

Shimano 105 sets
Tange infinity tubing
Hellenic Frame
Looks like a Tri-A Equippe but is called just Ironman.

So the real strange thing about this bike is the hellenic frame, i have yet to see a nishiki road bike with a hellenic frame.
The other strange thing is the name "ironman" i have come up with zero info about that.

So if anyone has anything to add, it would be awesome.

Please see below for some pics...
The livery is identical to some 1987 American market models but the serial number indcates it was made in 1988 for the European market by Kawamura. However, it could also be a 1989 model, manufactured in late 1988. Shimano New 105 was 6 speed in 1987 & 1988 but went to 7 speed in 1989, so that should allow you to determine the exact model year.

Each Niskiki importer chose their own model names and designed the bicycles, so European models not necessarily line up with with other markets. We regullrly see these differences between the Canadian and USA markets, which were served by different distributors. So, even though we didn't have a hhellenic framed Nishiki Ironman in America, it doesn't surprise me. Regardless, Infinity tubing in conjunction with Shimano New 105 would make it a lower mid-range model.