View Single Post
Old 06-01-16, 08:46 AM
dynodonn 
Banned

Liked 78 Times in 67 Posts
Originally Posted by BobbyG
Sometimes drivers are just oblivious or selfish, and ignore you. You must anticipate for that and leave yourself an out. I also suggest using a helmet cam to record and review incidents. That way if something bad should happen, you have it on record. I also find it calming knowing that in the event of a dangerous situation, or even just a rude or careless encounter, it has been "witnessed." And also, upon review, I can evaluate my response and see if I was actually in danger, or if adrenaline and testosterone had me mis-judge the situation and over react.
Upon reviewing a number of videos, I've found that I completely misjudge the passing distance in a number of incidents, overreacting on some, and underestimating the danger on others, and I will only report motorists after a thorough review of the video, and by then, with my having a much more calmer disposition in my decision making.
Of course, I do receive admonishment from some law enforcement dispatchers for my delayed calling in on making a report, but it lessens the chance of my making a unneeded phone call to law enforcement in the first place.