Old 06-04-16, 09:27 PM
PaulRivers

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by filkry
And yes PaulRivers, I did go with the Axiom Streamliner.
Thanks, just wanted to confirm that I had the exact rack right if I share the pics for other people looking for a similar thing. :-)

Originally Posted by filkry
Thanks for the advice. In general I don't expect to have more than 10-15 lbs on the rack so hopefully it will turn out OK. The reviews for the product seem pretty positive so I'm going to keep it for now. I will keep your concerns in mind though and maybe purchase an extra quick-release skewer to keep with me just in case my current one ends up damaged from the tack.
The other poster doesn't have any idea what they're talking about.
The rear wheel skewer combined with the wheel is designed to handle your entire bodyweight (average male is around 200lbs), plus additional forces from pedalling on it.
There's no practical difference between mounting the rack on the skewer directly, vs mounting it on the frame, as mounting it on the frame simply transfers the weight to the skewer and wheel.

There's no reason to buy an extra skewer, it's not an issue. Both a frame mount and a skewer mount transfer the weight through to the skewer and the wheel in functionally the same way.

Last edited by PaulRivers; 06-04-16 at 09:32 PM.