Old 06-15-16, 03:37 AM
Campag4life
Voice of the Industry

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by noodle soup
I don't like lifting weights. They are too heavy.
+1...lol
Time for a quick story. There was this hot Asian chick at work another guy and I liked and we used to chum around a bit together. This guy was 30 years younger than me and went to the gym almost everyday and was also a cyclist...a German living in America who grew up cycling in Germany. Good looking guy and I admit I really liked him but he felt he was all that...had a love affair with himself and we all used to laugh a bit about it. Typical gym rat....lol. I hate gyms. I am a fit older dude who looks a lot younger than I really am. So we were all chums, this hot, fit Asian girl, my German buddy who thought he was a combination of Lance Armstrong and a Greek God and me, a guy a bit arrogant about my cycling until I get dropped which happens once in a while.

So, I basically had enough of his blather which was both hilarious and also getting a bit old, and so I proposed a bet which got found out in the department we worked....I was an American working at a German company...word got around that this guy who was known to be in love with himself in a comical way...that the old dude challenged him. So, this older guy...me...challenged this fit young German to a bike race. Honestly, I felt pretty confident I was going to crush this guy. A sprint may have been close but not a 10 mile race around a lake at the nearby park. I decided my strategy. Would I pace him and then drop him at the end, or would I crush his soul early. I decided on the latter to remove any chance he could edge me in a sprint. I took it out real fast....about 25 mph for the first 3 miles or so and then looked back and I could barely see him. I put even more distance on him toward the end. I admit I went real hard to prove to him how much stronger I was than him...all because of his bluster and his great weight lifting and exercise training.

The best was dinner with the three of us...what we bet...the girl enjoying the spoils of two men fawning over her , the restaurant of my choosing and of course he not only had to eat crow with his fellow German co workers but also lose face to this girl who btw was a very cool chick. We all laughed hard about it. He said, he honestly couldn't believe I could ride like that. Btw, an average CAT racer will drop me if he tried. This guy wasn't a strong cyclist and FWIW I am probably about average on the 41. Lots of weak riders out there however.

Last edited by Campag4life; 06-15-16 at 03:47 AM.