Old 07-18-16, 12:53 AM
tuxxdk

Bikes: MTB & Road

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Co1Ev
Understandable, I hate looking like a human condom but putting in 250+ mile weeks I've started to care less and less about what I look like! My apologies, I was under the impression you were testing full blown shorts. A lot of manufacturers offer lycra that has a more relaxed fit, which may be worth looking into when it comes to the whole function-over-form element for a century.
Sorry for my late reply!

To be fair, I'm not even sure what I'm looking for myself anylonger.. I had hoped I could just wear my regular shorts on top of my bib or non-bib cycling pants.

Originally Posted by 50voltphantom
I read this all the time, but have never experienced it. I have three pairs of $35 Bontrager non-bibbed shorts and have not once had to pull them up. Maybe if I lose some weight?
Originally Posted by seau grateau
In my experience, regular shorts are fine as long as they fit properly.
I have to pull mine up all the time, but I'm beginning to think they just don't fit properly.

Originally Posted by hairnet
riding fixed magnifies this 10 fold.

i would know

Agreed. I used to be all over snug cut-off denim shorts for riding.

Plus getting bibs just for this ride complicates things. There's no guarantee the bibs will fit and feel good, so he has to postpone the ride until he gets a set that feels good. He should just do the ride and be happy to be outside. He can go shopping after he proves to himself that 60 miles nothing to fear.
I rode 20mi this weekend, and I wasn't even half into the ride, before my ass got sore like a PIA (!). Them cycling shorts I have now are a POS.

I seriously need some that fit me.