View Single Post
Old 07-27-16, 04:49 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1158 Post(s)
Liked 1,266 Times in 803 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeyBike
We understand. We just don't believe it is just as safe ignoring what is roaring up behind you, or turning your head around every 15 seconds, as it is to use a mirror. We don't buy that your ears are a great substitute for your eyes under all circumstances.

You don't like mirrors, don't use one. Just spare us the nonsense that it is just as safe cycling in traffic without one. Just come clean. You don't like mirrors. They make you look (more)dorky, or you just can't figure out how to use one. You are not fooling one single person who bikes with a mirror on the safety issue....
You believe.... I believe.... We both have beliefs I guess. I don't know if I've ever thought that the beliefs of those who find value in using a mirror are ridiculous, lame, dorky, ignorant, or somehow invalid. I haven't seen a lot of comments on my side of the discussion insulting and using disparaging remarks about you-all. Maybe some, but not relentlessly like you guys.

But to the latest point you make: Neither of the reasons you state (for me not using a mirror) are accurate and do nothing but show your bias and inability to accept that your opinions on safety and utility of mirrors aren't the only ones and a "belief" is not a fact. Again proving an earlier point I made that the pro-mirror crowd can't seem to understand why some of us choose to not use mirrors, and can still ride safely. I appreciate your support!

Originally Posted by cncwhiz
Like I said, use a mirror or not your excuses are still lame. ...
And what excuses were those? Oh, that I don't happen to think they help me ride safer. Yea, I wouldn't know about that, but you would because you've ridden with me so many times and know exactly what sort of circumnstances I ride in.

Thanks to both of you for helping to make my point again and again.

Last edited by Camilo; 07-27-16 at 05:02 PM.