Thread: Reintroduction
View Single Post
Old 09-06-16, 07:39 AM
IBOHUNT

Bikes: Motobecane Fantom Cross; Cannondale Supersix replaced the Giant TCR which came to an untimely death by truck

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 10 Posts
Reintroduction

I'd like to reintroduce myself. I've been away for a while due to life complications.

Got laid off from a job I had been doing for 19 years and 9 months in early March.

Hit a dog while training in early April. From that I got a 2 1/2 hour blank spot and a helicopter ride to shock trauma that I don't remember. Headaches are still a frequent occurrence.

Got a job that REALLY REALLY sucked. I was home for a 4 day stint during the July 4th week. I kicked that job to the curb.

I've managed to somewhat keep up with @sarals @Heathpack @Racer Ex @revchuck either through email, Facebook, or Strava.

I managed to lose 30W but have gained most of that back.
I gained 5kg and lost 7kg.

I've done a few TTs in the 55+ group. Seems this CAT5 is getting his arse handed to him by 2's and 3's. Something to focus on.

1. 40K that's pancake flat; 7th/12
2. 36K or so that's got some elevation gain; 7th/12. Had to ride the last 2K or so on a flat. Didn't hurt the wheel.
3. 40K that's the same as #1; 8th/21 missing a sub 1hr by 36 seconds. Happens when you are fat and down on power.
4. A Club TT that's 10 miles; finished 11th/34 on a red TT bike. I'll post a picture in the racing thread.

Got a new job, that's very similar to the one I had for 19+ years, which I started today. Hope to be around some...