View Single Post
Old 12-10-16, 07:44 AM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1128 Post(s)
Liked 257 Times in 207 Posts
Originally Posted by cat0020
I don't need to, cycling is just something I'm willing to spend $$ on.. plenty of budget for me.

If you've never done CX or off-road riding on your road bike.. then perhaps there are situations that you don't know how much wear/stress can be put on cycling equipment. I do with my road bike what mos wouldn't do.. but that's just me.
Warranty for Chinese product is mostly non-existent.. more than often they just send replacement without question, no need to ship item back to CN.
Quality of CF forks from CN is just on par with name-brand that cost 5 times as much.
Now we're talking about helmets? I don't have experience with CN helmets... I can't say if they are inferior.. AFAIK, GIRO and Bell both have helmets made in CN... but let's stay on topic, if you want to discuss this further, start a new thread.
Actually I can talk about the helmet issue because I was making a comparison thus staying completely on subject, would you wear a generic non safety approved USA federal standard chinese made helmet? which you refused to answer which suggests to me that you wouldn't risk your head to a non USA approved helmet made in China, so why would you risk riding a generic Chinese made fork, wheel, or frame?

And no, most Chinese companies do not just simply send you back a new part, which is why my LBS has to replace those Chinese parts because the buyer tried to get the problem resolved and failed to and thus after learning their lesson went to an LBS to get parts that would be warrantied should a problem arise.