Old 12-15-05, 04:14 PM
baiskeli
unaangalia nini?

Bikes: Jamis Quest (Ultegra components,Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels and Reynods Ouzo Pro Fork), Gary Fisher Tassajara

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by timmhaan
my GF and my family aren't bike riders, although they have no problem with what i do. however, the few times we discussed the downsides to cycling (agressive drivers, hit and runs, verbal abuse, accidents, etc.) they got more and more worried, and urged me to ride only the safest routes at the safest times.

i naturally started limiting the amount of negative news i would talk with them about. i wanted to protect my freedom to ride wherever i wanted. i certainly wouldn't report each and every incident i heard about. i don't even tell them about all the close calls or things yelled at me as i ride along. as such, they really don't know what i deal with sometimes. i'm wondering if that's a healthy situation or not. are you guys\girls cautious on how much of the bad stuff you reveal?
Even though I don't have many incidents, I do the same. I once began telling her about an incident that had just occured and she begun turning pale. I don't want her freaking out or worrying every time I get on my bike.