View Single Post
Old 02-13-17, 09:53 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18521 Post(s)
Liked 15,858 Times in 7,448 Posts
Originally Posted by SquidPuppet
The odds would be very low that this human being handles the bikes with the same passion and care as a C&V enthusiast.

I know this will sound rude, but I think the OP was being a little naive if he was expecting his bike to survive the trip unscathed.
But there is space between that and being completely uncaring--a big space. You sound like you have some prejudice against an entire class of people that's driving your assumption that the damage resulted from uncaring handling. Did you ever stop for one minute to think that the bike was loaded and properly secured without incident and that during transit some unusual mishap occurred that caused the damage? That's a rhetorical question because you obviously didn't and instead jumped to a different conclusion that meshes with your preconceived notion, regardless of the validity of those notions. That seems to be very popular on BF, especially these days.

And if the trainside service necessarily results in damage I think word would be getting around by now.