View Single Post
Old 03-04-17, 05:51 PM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
[MENTION=207647]sarals[/MENTION], work work work. It will get better. Hard work is fun, so it all shakes out in the end.

[MENTION=208276]revchuck[/MENTION], lol on the sub recovery ride.

I had an interval workout on my schedule today & JRA for tomorrow. But we might get rain tomorrow, so I amalgamated today's interval workout with tomorrows JRA. Wound up riding my intervals solo out to one of the regroup spots for the CBS group ride. CBS is my club who I had some frustrations with about 6 weeks ago and I haven't ridden with them since. But I figured what-the-heck, they were riding my route so I figured I'd join up with them to ride back into town.

My intervals went well. The V0max intervals are a little scaled back on account of being supposed to take it semi-easy recovering from the eye surgery. So lol they felt semi-easy. Then some of the cadence intervals which have become fairly routine/easyish on the trainer but were much harder on the road today.

Then I met up with the group. Mostly I get dropped from this group very easily, it's a bunch of racing guys mostly younger than me. So my strategy is just to roll through the regroups (who needs to stop, really?). That worked out well today, once we got back in to town I was waiting for them.

I've never done the Sat ride because it tends to be way too fast but a bunch of them are racing tomorrow so things were fairly restrained. "Most important question: does this ride end with coffee?". Pleasantly surprised to find the answer was yes. Further pleasantly surprised by the pleasantness of the coffee conversation afterwards. I had a fun time.

Tomorrow if it doesnt rain, I'm going to head out with the Velo. They are our local roadie A holes but they have started doing an allegedly easy Sunday ride. We shall see. I have over time met a fair number of people from this group and they have seemed pretty nice to me. Might as well give it a whirl. Maybe they'll get coffee too.