View Single Post
Old 03-09-17, 09:51 AM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
Second day back on the TT bike, haha that bike takes a little getting used to for sure. Sore neck and shoulders. My quads hurt. All good though.

Mr H recently completely disassembled the TT bike on account of it being completely infused with grit after that wet Fiesta race. It was reassembled with the saddle slightly high I think, trying to decide if I like it better that way.

This morning I rode with a friend, for the past three days she's some out with me on my workouts and seems content to do whatever I do. That's become an increasingly common thing with this particular friend. She's wicked on a bike, is a competitive (as in she tries to win) triathlete and also races her mtn bike some. The odd thing is that she rode with us a few times in our Nightcrawler group and then (nicely) bowed out because we were too slow for her. Not sure why all of a sudden she's being so friendly.

Thinking about that, I am struck by how much life is like that. You're just tooling along, doing your thing, and suddenly someone else is interested in joining you for awhile. Then they take a different track and you continue on yours. When I was younger, I used to talk about life being a pilgrimage, meaning that it's a journey but to a meaningful destination. The things you encounter on the way are what your life is comprised of. Interesting to be struck by that again today, to have this friend suddenly on my pilgrimage for however long she's gonna be here. But also to think of how much I was struggling recently with all the things that went awry in my life, trying to prevent them. When in actuality, the trip including the chaos aspects when they arise, is actually what life is.

Not to wax too philosophical about it all. It was just a bike ride after all...