View Single Post
Old 03-28-17, 02:34 PM
Peachyleigh

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You can read all day...

...about riding a bike, but when you are done you still won't be able to do it...(one of my favorite things to say and yet for the past week I've been reading and lurking).
I don't want to be scared or worried anymore (I am, in fact, out of my comfort zone posting this). So, here I am. Hi ya'll.
I have lots of titles. Wife (I got it right the 2nd time), mother (to 2 Wild girls), daughter (to now "elderly" parents), sister (to an air force brother that is very well maintained but doesn't do well in the civilian world), employee ( by day I'm a 911 telecommunicator),MS sufferer, and hopefully by the end of this week, or next depending on my bike choice I can officially add Athena to my titles (to be honest I would more be a miniature Clydesdale mare). I haven't been on a bike since I was 10-12ish... I am thinking about a hybrid. Hopefully I can go to the "LBS" that has really good reviews but is about and hour away and get some good advice. I don't live in a very bike friendly area so there isn't a lot to choose from as far as used to get started.
I started reading about biking last year and then dismissed the idea like so many others, out of fear...
Fast forward to February of this year... started eating better. Started exercising. Got a bowflex max trainer, which I love and hate. Started walking on my lunch break. Looking into adjustable dumbbells. Started chopping wood for exercise and to help out in-laws, still... I want more. I have to be careful with getting too hot, my special MS super power is to loose vision... I feel like the air movement and the vitamin D provided by "getting out there" will be kryptonite to my vision loss... any good beginner guides, info, recommendations, websites etc. will be appreciated since I am still in my reading stage.

Last edited by Peachyleigh; 03-28-17 at 02:48 PM.