Thread: Engineering
View Single Post
Old 04-02-17, 12:26 PM
hotbike

Bikes: a lowrider BMX, a mountain bike, a faired recumbent, and a loaded touring bike

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 75 Posts
I've also go to check to see if they have anything planned, maybe ten years from now, long-term planning wise...
I know they have these plans, but they don't share them with the public.

Long Island is rather unique. I'm in Nassau. Suffolk is to the East. Nothing but water all around. Suffolk traffic has to go through Nassau to reach the North American continent. Queens and Brooklyn are part of Long Island, but your NOT supposed to say that ! Queens and Brooklyn are part of New York City.

There are Bike Lanes in New York City. I like to ride in Manhattan. I take a LIRR Train , and use a Citi Bike when I get there. It's a great advantage now that we have Citi Bike, when you consider the prohibition of bicycles on many trains, either Rush Hour, or Holiday trains , bikes aboard trains are forbidden.

The State of New York controls many East-West Roads , i.e. 25, 25A, 25B, and North South Routes , 106, and 107. These are what need Bike Lanes.
We are very dependent on our County , here in Nassau. Nothing gets done without approval of the County.