Ttoc6
Cat 2

Bikes: Tarmac, Why Cycles R+, Evil The Calling

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 605 Post(s)
Liked 194 Times in 87 Posts
Originally Posted by tetonrider
i know lots of people in that region and used to do all the local races there. (i live about 4h from ogden.)

there's also way more road racing than you'd expect. i remember a few years ago that the SLC area had more road races on a per-licensed-racer basis than any other region. a large part of this is because there are quite a few rural roads a short distance (0-60') from the city center, so permits are easy. this is not the case (for actual road races) in many other areas.

there are weekly crit, TT and hill climb series.

there are many outdoor opportunities. the summer can be pretty damn hot. there's also good access to meth in Ogden. (serious issue)

ogden's trying to reinvent itself as mecca for businesses in the outdoor industry. the state as a whole, however, is busy selling out public lands.
Good to hear. I just recently checked out the Utah road race calendar and it's not quite as busy (or organized..) as the calendar I see up here in Washington, but maybe I'm missing something.

Is the weekly crit sanctioned? Couldn't find that information anywhere. Our weekday crit in Seattle is not, which I'm perfectly fine with.

What about riding in the winter. Will I be confined to the trainer all winter, or does the snow clear out for long enough to go outside on the weekends? Is there a weekly hammerfest ride? I'm used to being able to get out a with a group of people most weekends over the winter, but if it's snowed in then I guess I'm teaching myself how to xc ski next winter to stay competitive over the cold months.

Any tips on where I should be looking for housing? Been looking at Layton area as it seems to be a bit further out from the base so (hopefully) a bit more affordable.