Old 04-30-17, 11:02 AM
RiddleOfSteel
Master Parts Rearranger

Bikes: 1982 Trek 720 - 1985 Trek 620 - 1984 Trek 620 - 1980 Trek 510 - Other luminaries past and present

Mentioned: 222 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1558 Post(s)
Liked 2,037 Times in 991 Posts
I was thinking a couple of things recently, regarding how this bike came about.

1) High on old Cannondales, I took a chance on a rough-looking Black Lightning and found it to be a lot rougher when I got home. I pretty much took a bath on it, selling the frame and other pieces for dirt cheap. The guy who bought the frame etc. works at The Bikery and told me about the place and the Build Nights they had. Little did I know, many months later at a Build Night, I would cross paths with what is now my Paramount. Pretty crazy to look back and see the origins of something.

2) I can't be the only guy with a Suntour Superbe Paramount build from say the mid-'80s and earlier, can I??? I've seen a Waterford Paramount from a bit later with Superbe Pro and it was drop dead gorgeous, but it would be a shame for me to be the first or only Campagnolo NR-era Paramount without full NR or period-correct Schwinn parts mix. Does anyone have pictures or know someone (or themselves!) who has done such a build? Even STIs/Ergos on a pre-'84 Paramount. I'd love to see it, otherwise I'm fine carrying the Suntour-on-a-Paramount flag for a while.