Old 05-09-17, 11:39 AM
HBpapa

Bikes: Surly Crosscheck

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sigh...camera and riding recommendations?

I work from home so my commute is cycling with my kids back and forth to school each day. Most of our ride is on a MUP with a short ride in a clearly marked bike lane for the last 3/4 mile to the school. During this time of day it is largely other parents driving on the road taking their kids to the same school as my own.

99% of the parents, as you'd expect, give plenty of space and respect the bike lane when passing us in their cars on their way to dropping off their own children. There is, however, a parent that will pass us inside the bike lane (within a few inches) and then fully move into the bike lane within inches of passing us like when one car intentionally cuts off another, nearly clipping whichever rider is in the front of the pack with the driver's rear bumper. The vehicle has dealer plates and when this does happen I will lose them around the corner and they'll get far enough ahead for me and then disappear into the crowd of vehicles that are always buzzing around the start of school.

I keep to myself except for a few hello and goodbyes with a few of the parents so I have no idea what this weirdo's problem is. Before the bike lane crowding incidents started happening this person would slow down and stare at us but I just thought it was because they were checking out my sweet setup.

I have an iPhone 7, could that be used with a mount on the handlebars and get a good enough picture to capture something usable and such? Is there a inexpensive recommendation anyone can offer for something that can be mounted to the handlebars?