Old 05-09-17, 11:47 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,804 Times in 1,801 Posts
I tried all sorts of makeshift video solutions: three digital cameras with good video capability; then my iPhone; various mounts on the bike and body. None of 'em was satisfactory.

So I finally broke down and got a proper video camera. It works much better.

Mine is an Ion Speed Pro, but there are others for under $100: Contour Roam; Polaroid; at least half a dozen knockoffs of GoPros under various names. And many more inexpensive dash cams.

Some will be weatherproof as-is. Others will need a rainproof housing. Some use self-contained batteries, others - notably dash cams - need an external pack.

I record almost every ride. Most are boring and uneventful. Sometimes I just delete everything. Occasionally I'll save them via Lightroom with a tag or keyword for "junk" or "delete" so I'll know a few months later which files to quickly identify and delete to make more room on the external hard drive. The videos I save that are boring are to prove where I was and what I was doing in case there's a complaint. For example, if I stop to snap some photos along the way I'll keep those videos for awhile in case some ninny files a police report complaining about some guy "spying" on his wildflowers.