View Single Post
Old 05-23-17, 09:27 AM
u235

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Liked 133 Times in 86 Posts
Just did solo northbound from Whites Ferry to OhioPyle in 3 days starting Saturday and ending yesterday. I was supposed to be riding right now and get off in West Newton today but I had to get picked up last night in Ohioplye for a family emergency. PawPaw tunnel was open on Sunday. It was my first time so I have nothing to compare relative conditions with and others opinions may very. In my opinion, the toepath and railtrail was in awesome condition, I was averaging 14.5 mph "moving" speed for most of the way on the canal. I went though several areas that were chunky hardpack that I could see as being mud if there was a lot of rain. Based on my perception of the popularity of the trail I think there was eerily very few people out on the trail except for Cumberland and Ohioplye and almost all of them were going southbound. Example.. I did the entire climb out of Cumberland to the divide and only saw one group of two people (broke down, I gave them my spare tube), a lone hiker, and a group right at the top. There were points I could go an hour+ and see nothing but squirrels. Maybe Memorial weekend will be different.

Last edited by u235; 05-23-17 at 10:03 AM.