View Single Post
Old 06-01-17, 09:50 AM
Greaper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you for the hints with regard to the Axis wheels! I want to determine if a new set of sub 300euro wheels would represent an upgrade...I am thinking about the Fulcrum Racing 5 DB + 2xAshima Ai2 ARO-09 160mm discs.

I would choose the Vittoria Rubino Pro III 622-28 anytime of the day (if u can find any)...less expensive then the Contis (bought the set for the price of one conti) and very similar in performance according to some detailed tests that I have seen! Some guys in my riding club (with road bikes) also advised me to go for the rubinos because they lasted longer then the gp4000 II. weight and durability are fine for the first 1800km, no punctures until know and I use the vittoria lite tubes.

I ride the Romin Evo Expert Gel saddle in 143 width, and I had it since the Elite Disc, and the first impressions in the first 100-200km on my default routes are very positive with regard to the carbon frame and CG-R post. There are less vibrations and shocks delivered to me through the saddle...and I am using the same tires and the same saddle, also the same pedals and Giro Gauge mtb shoes. At this point having ridden over 600km on the new bike I just got used to the new thing, can”t compare it anymore with the alu frame. But I know that what I am describing is very subjective!

If anyone has some more input on the Axis Expert Deep wheels, please be so kind as to share them!!!

Last edited by Greaper; 06-01-17 at 10:11 AM.