View Single Post
Old 06-26-17, 09:29 AM
Craptacular8

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 32 Posts
Originally Posted by tommy2000
I just bought the 2018 Diverge Comp last week and love it! Rode the Michigan Mountain Mayhem a few weeks ago on my Roubaix and wanted to get something a bit more comfortable for endurance rides as well as getting disc brakes. Was looking at cyclocross bikes, came across the Diverge. The bike shop had just gotten it in. Loved it immediately. Tried a number of other bikes, kept coming back to the Diverge. Bought it next day. Have put about 100 on it so far, truly enjoy it.

What I like:
1: The FutureShock stem spring works great, far better than I'd have imagined. Adds comfort in normal ride position, and I was amazed how much it adds in the drops. Just never feel like you're fighting the steering.
2: The tires work for me. The bike comes with 32's, my concerns that they'd be too wide and/or slow were quickly allayed after the first long ride.
3: Disc brakes super excellent. Shimano RS505's.
4: Shimano 105's work very well.
5: Coming from the Roubaix, I had some belief in their Z-Serts. There is one in the seatpost, pretty helpful.
6. Well balanced, steady at high speeds.

Only real dislike was the seat, I switched out for a Sella Anatomica.

The bike is a real dream to ride, highly recommend you go try on out if you get a chance.
Interesting that you went with the diverge over the roubaix with future shock if you were looking for an endurance ride? I thought they were virtually identical geometries, with the diverge taking an even wider tire...the roubaix is available in disc and will take up to a 32 tire. I test rode the roubaix with future shock on a short test ride. Liked it quite well. I'm looking for endurance road, I've already got gravel/adventure/light touring covered. When I asked about endurance road with disc brakes for road riding...they shuttled me right to the roubaix. I inquired about the diverge, but was told it was aimed more are adventure/touring...