Old 07-22-17, 04:44 PM
johngwheeler

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 473 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by OldTryGuy
My main ride since May of 2013 has been a Giant Propel Advanced SL that I have 25,000+ miles on. LBS owner wanted me to ride the 2017 Roubaix Expert he got in to see if I experienced what he had. I took it for a 5 mile quick spin at the 100 mile mark of a Saturday ride and returned to the store having the same feelings as the LBS owner. For both of us, me a 67yo OK rider and he in his 40's amd a strong rider/sprinter to 35MPH+ and single track, the bike was an anomaly. Smooth, compliant, LazyBoy chair feel yet SNAPS when power is put to the pedals and nimble as a racing frame. He insisted that I give it a "good ride" and so I did 10 days later. Results???? Same feelings after a 151 mile ride and so much so that I have a 2018 Expert on order. The Roubaix will be the bike of choice for my 2018 Bike Sebring 12/24 Hour 400 mile RAAM Qualifying attempt.
The Roubaix certainly felt very smooth on normal pavement and impressively composed going over some cobbles. I did find it rather twitchy getting out fo the saddle for a sprint, compared to the Focus. I have very little experience with this type of road bike, so this could be quite normal, and not a particular feature of the Roubaix or the Future Shock.

The FS is definitely not a gimmick; I can see it really working