Thread: Helix Update?
View Single Post
Old 09-17-17, 09:49 AM
MrFlamey

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
For anyone who ordered a bike and is wondering if they will be able to get accessories delivered with the bike:
Originally Posted by Me
I have a question about accessories that maybe you answered somewhere else, so I'm sorry if I missed it, but will we be able to order accessories before our bikes ship? I'd really like to get fenders for my Helix, and I'm also considering the backpack, as it will allow me to take the bike hiking and also act as a cover for when I'm on public transport (a cover is required to take a bike on the train here in Japan). If I can at least get the fenders with the order, it will save a lot of hassle and shipping costs.
Originally Posted by Helix
We really appreciate your patience and confidence in this project. As you've noticed on the activity stream, we're in top gear right now getting the manufacturing side of the operation running. Unfortunately, however, as a result of being a small, agile team, this means we only have finite resources. Fenders and the soft case are what we're receiving the most requests for, so they are absolutely first on our agenda to push forward once the manufacturing crunch eases. Our goal is to be able to offer these first few accessories for purchase as soon as possible, and to have them ready for shipment with your bike; we have preliminary designs and early prototypes in progress. Unless you strongly prefer to wait and receive everything at once, we would prefer to not hold shipment of your bike if the accessories are not ready. Just rest assured we will be offering everything as soon as possible through our website. And as always, all worthy progress will get sneak peaks on the activity stream.
Kind of expected this, since they have their hands more than full with just the bike, but it would have been great to be able to get the mud guards already attached to the bike.