AndrewHenle
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by phoebeisis
Fair enough-66.
Why not post the "old gentleman's" name?

I used old geezer and grandpa to emphasize the "risible" aspect of a fit younger person letting a senior citizen take his bike away.

No way would I have the courage to post a video of a foul mouthed old F$%3 taking my bike from me.
Risible-great word-hope you don't mind my borrowing it-thanks.

Post this guy's name
Safe bet this isn't his first time at bat.
Cops DA won't do anything-so post his name.

You need a Go Pro
Right now, posting the guys name does nothing. I honestly don't even know it yet - it'll be visible online once he's served and a court hearing is scheduled for real.

AFAIK he still hasn't been served. Trying to short-circuit the cops and the DAs at this point - or even appearing to - isn't going to help with hanging a conviction on him. I know that there's potential media interest should be a person of any import.

I too don't think this is the first time he's done this, or some other way to "teach that cyclist a lesson" a la that California doctor, and I'd bet a substantial sum that he's no stranger to punish passes.

I'd even go so far as to venture there's a really good chance that my taking the lane in that situation, and preventing the punish pass he planned to give me, is what set him off.

But I do think this is the first time he got caught on film.

I have to keep in mind that the goal is to hang a conviction on him, so that he winds up with a criminal record such that if he ever has a problem with a cyclist again the entire justice system will be looking at him with a jaundiced eye.

And I had a GoPro - it died. Then I got a PoV. It died. I now have two AirPro HDs that I got from Amazon for about $40 each when they were blowing them out - one for the front, one for the rear.

I had forgotten to charge them before this ride.

I gotta stop forgetting or deciding not to use those things. Go read the Aug issue of Spokes cycling online magazine (warning: PDF file...), starting on p 10. I was just going out for a recovery ride on the local bike trail, and a woman used a turn lane to try to zoom past two lanes of traffic at a crosswalk - I met her car after crossing the two thru traffic lanes in front of the stopped cars and almost making it all the way across the turn lane she was zooming past in - I've seen cars do that so often there I even looked for someone, but the lane's so short and she was going so fast that she wasn't even visible when I started across...

I'd been riding with my cameras religiously, but that day decided that since it was just going to be a flat, easy recovery ride on a trail, no camera was needed. A camera would have made it an open-and-shut case. FWIW, the local Department of Transportation has since shortened that turn lane so cars can't do that any more.

Also note that I'm not abusing this account - I'm just posting to THIS thread.

I might as well post this under my real name - once I post the case number and a link to it, my name's gonna be all over it.

And so will the driver's.

Last edited by AndrewHenle; 09-22-17 at 04:15 PM.