View Single Post
Old 10-04-17, 06:18 PM
Sangetsu

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 570 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 21 Posts
You can always have both, maybe all three (if you include an attractive woman). It's a shame that most of us can't afford a Porsche when we are younger, and are more interested in fair company. When I was in my 20's I had an old Roadster, a rusty pile of junk missing it's top. It was not exactly the kind of ride that would attract the attention of the ladies, especially when it was raining.

I used to winter in South Beach, or Southern Europe, and spent a lot of time on my bike. In those days I would occasionally be passed by a young lady (or not so young) in a nice car, and they often favored me with a look and a smile.

Nowadays I could probably afford a Porsche, but Tokyo is not a fun place to drive. The garage in my apartment building is full of Mercedes Benz cars, a few Bentleys, and even a couple Ferraris. But streets are crowded, lanes are narrow, and speed limits low, and I can get across the city more quickly on my bicycle than I could in a 911. My "midlife crisis" purchase was a new Martin D45 guitar, which I can spend a lot more time with.