View Single Post
Old 10-09-17, 06:12 AM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1173 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
Good discussion about the book here a few months back, led me to purchase it. Its a good bit of information to digest. If you aren't up on medical and anatomical/physiological terminology it gets sloggy, but it was worth the time to read. The co-authors all did a pretty good job of making their points, without being overzealous, and they do differentiate between casual exercise and serious-high level regimens of training in their case examples and cited references.

Lennard Zinn has been a favorite writer on. bicycle topics, he did a good job on his part of the text, mainly based on his own recent experiences with fibrillation issues. I read it twice because I wanted to be sure that I understood the points about AFib and VFib, since I am having issues with one or the other now, probably AFib due to PD medications. The information led me to seek out my Primary Care Physician's thoughts about the things I am experiencing and feeling as I go about daily activities and cycling. An echocardiogram was the starting point, now I hope to see what is happening.

If you tend to find yourself thinking that every symptom or disease you read about is now upon you, pass it up before you think yourself into a visit to the ER.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13